Consultant - Projects Design
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Grade: Level 4, Unspecified
Occupations: Programme and Project Management
Close on 25 Jan 2022
Parent Sector : Communication and Information Sector (CI)
Duty Station: Dakar
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 25/01/2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
As part of its strategy to mobilize further resources and scale up its interventions to better meet its commitments for supporting Sahel countries in the achievement of SDGs, Agenda 2063, and national priorities in line with UNESCO mandate, the UNESCO Regional Office for West Africa-Sahel is looking for qualified development projects designer with a track record of designing and drafting high quality and successful development project or program documents in the domains of human rights, freedom of expression, good governance, or communication. As proposal writer, the incumbent will work under the overall authority of the Director, the guidance of the resource mobilization officer and the direct supervision of the Head of CI section. The incumbent will be responsible for:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review internal programmatic and other UN strategic documents for Sahel, including on-going projects, and produce a report with recommendations for new project ideas (at least 4) and potential partners.
• Draw from projects ideas and elaborate concept notes with sound and relevant theory of change.
• Engage with team members, as well as partners’ focal persons, collating feedbacks and suggestions, as necessary to improve concept notes.
• Design, for each approved concept note, a high-quality project document that is logically coherent, programmatically relevant to priorities and development challenges in Sahel, and aligned with UNESCO’s mandate.
• Participate to programmatic and resource mobilization related meetings as well as work sessions with partners.
• Contribute to the monitoring of ALG Programme.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Post-graduate university degree in development studies, project development, communication, social sciences, or any relevant field.
• Track record of high-quality and successful proposal writing skills, evidenced by donor feedback, proposal win rate, and samples written project document.
• At least 5 years of project design and proposal writing experience in the development sector.
• Ability to produce clear and concise written piece, with arguments structured logically and comprehensively.
• Fluency in professional French or English is required.
• Experience designing development projects for the Sahel region.
• Excellent knowledge of socio-economic development and political challenges in the Sahel.
• Experience designing project for UN Organization.
After applying for this position, using the link below, applicant must complement the application by submit the following supporting documents:
• Two project documents designed by you (or a list containing the links to the approved documents on the donor's website).
• List of project documents you have designed, indicating, for each project, your main role.
All supporting documents must be submitted before closing date and time of the application at the following address: indicators.dak[at]unesco.org
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
"UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts."
"UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process".