Senior Policy Advisor, Economic Justice
Durée indéterminée, temps plein
Rôle international - No - Seuls les candidats nationaux seront considérées.
Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Policy Advisor, Economic Justice will provide analysis of trends and opportunities in relation to how the needs and rights of children can and should be addressed through various forms of funding from global, regional and national level sources, debt relief, taxation and private capital.
This analysis will be used to develop recommendations for child focused policy action in regard to all forms of development financing in support of the Sustainable Development Goals, and, as such, World Vision’s Global Impact Framework.
This analysis will support Advocacy & External Engagement (A&EE) advocacy objectives for the Global Campaign, the 2030 Agenda, as well as objectives of Support Offices (SOs) in relation to Official Development Assistance (ODA) and Regional Offices (ROs)/Field Offices (FOs) regarding domestic resource mobilization/public financing.
• Analysis of and reports developed on Official Development Assistance (ODA), taxation/public financing, private sector investment and other forms of Financing for Development (FfD) and their impact on the financing of child focused policies.
Develops policy positions and products that relate to the achievement of child related SDGs and WV child well-being objectives.
• Represent World Vision, and/or support representation of World Vision leaders at priority external forums, events, networks and with priority stakeholders to promote agreed policy positions.
• Lead and collaborate with SO, RO and FO colleagues on research and policy development on FfD. Creates a process to engage SOs on ODA focused work.
• In conjunction with the Local to Global team (A&EE), works with the Centre of Excellence to support country level budget focused advocacy. Builds FOs capacity in conducting country level analysis; supports “translation” of global FfD policy positions for use at national level.
• Collaborate with select partners and coalitions on this agenda. For example, work with the World Bank relationship manager to develop a plan to become more engaged with World Bank as a Tier 1 stakeholder.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Master’s Degree in economics, international development, political science or related focus.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in policy, research, government relations/external engagement, or other specific field relevant to this role and World Vision’s work.
• Strong experience and skills in research and analysis.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong experience in the NGO/civil society sector and/or with multilateral organizations (World Bank, IMF, etc.)
• English fluency.
• Second language strong asset (esp. Spanish, French).
• Strong knowledge and professional experience working on Financing for Development issues and trends; strong understanding of policy development and influence processes with governments and international agencies from a civil society perspective.
• Travel after Covid restrictions- 10-15%.