Job Category Coordination
Apply Before 05/30/2022, 07:59 PM
Job Schedule Full time
The NRC Central and West Africa (CWA) region is composed of country offices in Burkina Faso/Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, and Nigeria, with an overall budget of approximately 100 million USD and 1,500 dedicated colleagues.
The Regional Programme Department comprises of a Core Competency and Thematic Unit, and a Programme Support Unit. The Regional Grants Manager is a member of the Programme Support Unit, which provides guidance for strategic programme development and resource mobilisation, oversight of multi-country and regional grants, and technical support for project cycle management, working collaboratively with the Regional Support Unit, Regional Risk & Compliance Unit, Regional Advocacy, the global Programme Development and Support Section in HO, and with Heads of Programme and Grants teams in Country Offices. The Regional Programme Support Unit also takes the lead regionally on other specialist areas as assigned.
About the Position
In the position of Regional Grants Manager, you will be based in CWA regional office and managed by the Regional Head of Programme Support. You will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of quality programming in the region through business development and grants management for multi-country and/or regional grants. In addition, you will provide advice, guidance and capacity building support to grants staff and partners. Some of your roles and responsibilities will include:
Consolidating programmatic and financial reports as required by the donor (yearly, quarterly, etc)
Producing regular high-level programmatic updates concerning the implementation and coordination of the relevant projects for sharing with external stakeholders
- Leading on organisational assessments of Partners as per NRC's Grants Management procedures;
- In coordination with the Head of Programme and Head of Support of the country offices involved in the multi country grants, draft Partner Agreements/MoUs with relevant Annexes and take through signing processes.
- Contributing to capacity building of staff and partners, as required, and especially the provision of PCM support, ensuring delivery of PCM trainings, to country programmes within the region.
- Providing an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including donor rules and regulations, proposal and report writing, working in partnership as required with colleagues in Partnerships and Policy
- Identifying gaps in quality and practice, and common development needs in relation to grants management within Country Offices (COs) and work collaboratively with colleagues (regional, HO, OD/PCM Adviser) on development of learning initiatives to build skills and capacity
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in a related field;
- Experience of donor relations and grants management (e.g. with institutional humanitarian and development donors), preferably in consortia
- Strong analytical skills, both in terms of project monitoring and financial data
- Experience working in complex/ insecure environments and with displaced populations;
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations;
- Proven experience in report and proposal development, and working with multiple donors;
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Staff capacity-building experience;
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French;
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector;
- Find Full Job Description JD Regional Grants Manager CWA.docx
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility:
At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
12 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding and performance
An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields