Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, USAID/Senegal Monitoring and Evaluation Project, Dakar, Senegal
Location : Senegal
Job Type : Local Staff
Job Classification : Proposal (conditional)
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, USAID/Senegal Monitoring and Evaluation Project, Dakar, Senegal
MSI is anticipating a follow-on project in early 2021 for our current USAID/Senegal Monitoring and Evaluation Project. The follow-on would continue providing USAID/Senegal with performance measurement, management and learning support activities such as monitoring and evaluation (M&E) design, learning agendas, program evaluation design and implementation, sectoral assessments, surveys, activity/project design, target setting and statement of work development for evaluation activities. This contract would improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance Agency learning.
**Please note: Only Senegalese citizens are eligible for this position**
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist will work closely with the Senior Evaluation Specialist and technical teams to provide MEL support to the USAID/Senegal Mission. They will be responsible for supporting all tasks received by the Mission in support of MEL guidance and support. The MEL Specialist will also work closely with the Data Analyst in the regular data entry of the project database system as well as initial analysis to support evaluation and assessment teams. They will support initial research and development of MEL design and definitions. The position will also include supporting the Senior Evaluation Specialist in implementing the project’s Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP), developing tools, conducting initial analysis and drafting of narratives to support regular progress reports. The anticipated full-time position will be based in Dakar and is contingent upon funding and USAID approval. The MEL Specialist will report directly to the COP.
• Provide direct support in the areas of performance monitoring and evaluation as per support task orders.
• Lead M&E planning for the project, including management of the AMELP and indicator tracking and reporting.
• Participate, as appropriate and as directed, in the design and implementation of performance monitoring and verification systems.
• Lead the design of learning agendas as requested by the client.
• Design and facilitate learning workshops and events.
• Lead the development, review and maintenance of client’s AMELPs as requested.
• Support the Mission in conducting Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and developing Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS).
• Participate in the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information including the preparation of narrative summaries of analysis.
• Lead team planning meetings or participate as a team member.
• Conduct training in a range of performance management subjects, M&E, data quality; and
• Other similar duties as assigned.
• Ten years’ experience developing and implementing PMPs and AMELPs, monitoring instruments, baseline data collection and M&E storage systems on donor-funded projects.
• Experience conducting and ensuring data quality assessments; setting targets for indicators as well as setting definitions for indicators; and conducting field work/data collection in Senegal.
• Advanced degree in statistics, demography, social sciences or a related area.
• Strong communication, facilitation and collaboration skills in working with other organizations.
• Ability to travel as necessary throughout Senegal.
• Ability to work well in a support role as part of a larger team.
• Fluency in French and other local language required.
• Working knowledge of English required.
• Experience supporting program evaluations and field research preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email ... with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.