Market Coordinator- Senegal & Ivory Coast
Abidjan, CIV or Dakar, Senegal | Business Development | Contract | Fully remote
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment.
Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers.
We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, Morocco, Vietnam and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We're helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels, and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent -- our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we're looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City's "Escape 100".
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.
The Role (6-month contract with potential for extension)
As Market Coordinator, you will help Taptap Send solidify and accelerate its growth in Senegal and Ivory Coast. The role offers the chance to partner with an early-stage, hyper-growth startup where you will directly have an impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. Reporting to the Business Development Manager for Francophone Africa, you will:
• Work with telecoms and other key partners (e.g. aggregators, banks, payment providers) to solidify existing and build new partnerships in Senegal and Ivory Coast
• Support growth and business development efforts, including:
• Conduct customer research with transfer recipients on a regular basis.
• Brainstorm on new opportunities and partnerships that can help us deliver on our value proposition in these markets.
• Hold various face to face meetings with key individuals.
• Recommending marketing and communication channels
• Visiting mobile money pick-up locations (POSs) across Senegal and CIV to understand service performance and overall customer experience
• Driving operational implementation with payment providers and ambassador programs
• Sourcing users across various phone and payment networks.
• Finding test recipients for cross border transactions
• 1-3+ years in a high-growth environment or world-class firm
• ‘Right to work’ in Ivory Coast or Senegal and currently based in either Dakar or Abidjan
• Willing to travel across both countries frequently
• Bachelor's or Master's degree
• Fluent in English and French a requirement -- any other local language an added advantage
Also, you are:
• Outgoing – you should love speaking to people and enjoy building relationships with customers and community members across cultures
• Execution oriented – we are an early-stage startup with an “impact-first” philosophy and a lot to be done.
You should be able to overturn objections, accelerate “point A to point B”, and sprint towards outcomes
• Poised – the role will require you to be the face of the company in front of various partners
• Competitive salary (based on experience)
• Flexible hours
• Regular team events
• Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
• Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
• Work from home desk stipend
• Behavioral health benefits