Internal Vacancy Announcement: Programme Budget Associate GS 6 , Fixed Term, UNICEF Senegal Dakar
UNICEF Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the post
Under the close supervision of the Deputy Representative, assists the programme group « Coordination » in allocating and monitoring the use of the programme budget, in coordinating the HACT training plan’s implementation for UNICEF partners, in monitoring and coordinating the HACT Quality Assurance Plan implementation, in programme administration, information gathering and monitoring of programme activities as well as administrative tasks.
Key Functions, Accountabilities And Related Duties/tasks
• Ensure Programme Budget allocations, in VISION, to all Programme results, after approval by the Deputy Representative. Monitor and document the use of all Grants and archive related project proposals, donors’ conditionality, and all other Grant related documentation.
• Support the planning and coordination of continuous HACT trainings for implementing partners. Support the monitoring and coordination of the HACT Quality Assurance Plan’s implementation, in collaboration with the Operations staff working on HACT Quality Assurance. Assists in the administrative process and recovering of government requests for financial assistance/DCT.
• Monitor donor reports schedule and alert programme staff when needed. Finalize and submit donors ‘reports to relevant departments in NYHQ and RO, and archive all related documentations (reports quality checklists, related project proposal, Grant details, etc…).
• Collect information, mainly from the Manager Dashboard, on programme management indicators, and assist in preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities for the CMT and Programme Coordination meetings. Organize data and information, prepares and records documents for the monitoring of project/programme implementation for the group « Coordination » and maintain programme data in VISION.
• Prepare Payment Requests, Requisitions and TAs in VISION for the Group « Coordination » and maintains programme data in VISION
• Prepare Programme Coordination meeting minutes and ensure follow up of action points with all Programme Sectoral units. Assist in the preparation of reports, project documents and submission to Governments by providing information, preparing tables and drafting relatively routine documentation for the Programme Coordination unit. Prepare background information for use in discussions with Governments and other organizations.
• Scrutinize programmes’ work plans, exchange of letters and takes appropriate follow-up action.
• Prepare routine correspondence for the group « Coordination » and ensure the distribution of mail.
• Responsible for an up-to-date filing system of the correspondence and other documents pertaining to the section.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in
administration, finance or management.
Six years of progressive administrative work, of which at least one year in support of program activities and budget/financial management, allocation and/or monitoring.
Fluency in French and good command in English. Knowledge of local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
Core Competencies (For Staff Without Supervisory Responsibilities)
• Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
• Works Collaboratively with others (1)
• Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
• Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
• Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
• Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
• Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history.
Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.