Finance for Transformation Advisor
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Banque - Finance - Assurance
• ONG et Ambassades
World Vision is hiring a Finance for Transformation Advisor.
Purpose of the position
Finance for Transformation (F4T) is VisionFund’s program to offer financial services to saving groups.
The flagship product, the saving group linkage loan, follows a methodology, specifically designed to the target groups. This position’s purpose is to support and guide Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) during the pilot and roll out of this product, focussing on West African countries.
We have already developed standards regarding product process, training materials and various guidance materials.
The F4T Advisor will use the existing materials to support MFIs to increase their reach of savings groups.
This will include capacity building among MFI staff, monitoring of operations both through field visits and through regular monitoring meetings, reports, etc, and developing new partnerships with NGOs.
Support MFIs in the implementation of F4T (Senegal, Ghana, DRC, and potentially Mali and Rwanda):
• Capacity building.
• Product pilot development.
• Product roll out support.
• Monitoring of implementation.
Coordination with World Vision and other NGO:
• Sensitisation of WV and other stakeholder of F4T.
• Increase the pipeline of SGs to be linked.
• Increase the number of partners VF works with.
Provide advice on how training material can be improved. Translation of existing training material into French and the development of new training material into French:
• Capacity building.
• Network outreach.
External engagement: Speaking at events, webinars, conferences to share lessons learned:
• Contribution to knowledge sharing.
• Documentation and sharing of lessons learned.
• Promote VFI visibility.
• Promote F4T visibility.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• At least 5 years of professional experience in development work (preferably with saving groups / livelihoods / resilience / gender equality).
• Knowledge of Savings Group methodology.
• Business focused, with ability to improve annual operational plans and advise on product pilots, results analysis and workforce plans.
• Proactive and adaptable, with experience of introducing new products or services.
• Project management experience is required, including financial monitoring and reporting.
• Looking less for a microfinance/finance specialist – we are looking more for a candidate with NGO experience.
• Must be fluent in French and English.
• Must be able to travel for work in very remote/rural areas.
• Experience of delivering training virtually, as well as in person.
• Must have a proven track record of engaging and influencing leaders externally and internally – e.g. building new partnerships, leading change, introducing new products/services and speaking at events, webinars and conferences.
• University degree in relevant field.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Native French speaker with excellent English or native English speaker with excellent French.
• Work experience in a Microfinance Institution is an advantage.
• Knowledge of digital platforms for savings groups is an advantage.
• Experience of grant applications or grant monitoring is an advantage.
The position requires the ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
Closing date : 15 October 2021.