CCO - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa.
It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact.
Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E_commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders.
Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa.
Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The CCO is managing all commercial teams whose main direction and KPIs are defined below
The CCO is owner of the P&L of his/her country, from BP creation with CEO to performance day to day execution
The CCO is owner of key transformation projects for his/her country (e.g Setting up Jumia Advantage Scheme)
The CCO is responsible for 4 key departments: the key account management, Jumia cross border ecommerce, the marketplace, the commercial operations
The CCO has frequent interactions with Jumia Group Management including several Excom Members
Achieving your KPIs:
• Items sold
• Gross margin
• Active vendor base
• Building, managing, animating the key account management team
• Ensuring personally a strong relationship with key executives of top brands and top sellers
• Becoming an expert of the different categories with a perfect knowledge of the different products / pricing / stakeholder dynamic / market trends
• Acquiring, growing, training and animating the tail of seller through your Vendor Success team (Self Sign Up, VRM, Vendor Support, University)
• Always protecting and improving the customer and seller experience
• Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday and Jumia Anniversary
• Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being deeply involved in all our Tech developments
• Eventually this is a war versus Amazon and the CCO will have to win it with his team and his management
• Experience in managing commercial teams or large projects (10+ years of experience)
• Strong entrepreneurial skills
• Strong management & leadership skills
• Very ecommerce friendly
• Strong leadership and drive
• Ability to identify new business opportunities
• Impeccable communication and analytical skills
• Ability to negotiate in flawless English
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Capacity to challenge and improve processes
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
We offer :
• A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet service lines
• The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds