Associate - Business Degree - General Interest Application
Please note: This is not an active role.
Teams across CHAI recruit on a rolling basis, as needed. If you are interested in a role with CHAI at any point during the year, please answer the screening questions on this application and we will reach out to you if your profile and availability align with a team’s needs.
Positions will be based in one of CHAI’s program countries in West, Central, East, and Southern Africa.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc.
(CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
For more information, please visit: ...
Associate Position Overview:
The Associate will lead the collection and analysis of data from a variety of sources such as shipment data via procurers and manufacturers, demographic data from household surveys, and usage data reported by countries.
The Associate will be responsible for developing rigorous market analyses such as global market forecasts / outlooks and other reports to support investment decisions by suppliers and supply planning by multilateral agencies and country programs.
The Associate will support global and country team efforts to build, maintain, and update its supply and demand side market strategy for specific commodities and services.
For example, this can include developing strategies to secure appropriate production capacity of low-cost, quality-assured contraceptives that meets forecasted demand or supporting the scale-up of new or underutilized contraceptive methods by addressing market barriers.
In doing so, the Associate will develop strong relationships with various teams within CHAI, as well as with pharmaceutical suppliers and key opinion leaders.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical skills, problem-solving ability and communication skills.
The Associate must be able to function independently, be flexible, and have a strong commitment to excellence.
CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of high-impact projects
• Provide research and analytical support
• Support evaluation and documentation of results and impact from CHAI's work
• Develop influential presentation materials that work for varying audiences
• Present findings of analyses to a broad range of internal and external audiences in meetings and conferences
• Build and manage relationships with key individuals in the Ministry of Health, senior-level stakeholders at procurement agencies, manufacturers, other NGOs, and relevant partner organizations
• Identify potential areas of additional support in existing and new focal countries
• Design models to assess new opportunities to improve or expand pharmaceutical access programs in the developing world
• Develop clear communications materials based upon analyses
• Perform other tasks as necessary
• Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years analytical experience working in the private sector; Masters strongly preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative modeling skills, plus affinity for analytics and information management
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word (other statistical software package knowledge a plus)
• Experience managing large datasets preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations
• Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
• Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
• Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
• Available for at least 25% travel
• Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations
• Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to react quickly to ad-hoc requests while managing an existing workload
Strong professional fluency in English and French will be required for opportunities based in West and Central Africa