The Competitive Cashew Initiative is a multi-actors partnership programme with private and public partners.
ComCashew focuses on sustainable cashew value chains and increased competitiveness of African cashew production and processing by 4 components:
(1) increasing production and quality of raw nuts;
(2) Increase of processing;
(3) Supply chain linkages;
(4) Sector organisation.
The project reaches out to over 700.000 farmers and over 50 processing companies in 6 countries, amongst which the 3 francophone countries.
An increasing number of international companies including retail engage in the cashew sector, and the project.
The position shall drive opportunities for inclusive business development.
• Design and manage Matching Fund projects with partners in francophone project countries, including monitoring indicators
• Coordinate activities of a living income tree crop project (with German retailer) for cashew and cocoa, in Cote d´Ivoire
• Developing new business linkages between retailers and processors in francophone project countries
• Advising on suitability of traceability software options for use by private partners
• Various economic and political analysis, including actors´ analysis and partner engagement in the development of the cashew supply chains
• Comparative analysis with other commodities and diversification options
• Coordinate monitoring of projects´ processors intervention and results, with focus on francophone countries
• Engage government and development actors in Cote d´Ivoire on strategic interventions to support the young processing industry
• Master´s Degree in Economy, Political Science or similar
Several years professional experience in (agricultural) value chain analysis and development
• Good understanding of agric commodity markets, processing and agricultural revenue opportunities for smallholders in West-Africa
• Specific experience in cashew value chains
• Good advisory skills and understanding of private and public interests
• Excellent team player
• Excellent skills and experience in analytical and information and communications technology tools
• Very good command of French and English; German is of advantage