Technical Director, USAID/Senegal MELS, Senegal
• Senior-level, Full-time staff position
• Social Impact
• Dakar, Senegal
• Closing on 15 May 2021
Social Impact is bidding on the USAID/Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Senegal (MELS) Activity.
The purpose of this activity will be to create a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) platform to complement and augment USAID/Senegal’s bilateral performance management, and more effectively disseminate learning within the Mission and to a range of local stakeholders.
This Platform will advance USAID/Senegal’s commitment to program effectiveness across all sectors and will support USAID/Senegal to make informed strategic and management decisions.
The Platform will have a distinct focus on strengthening MEL capacity in the Government of Senegal (GoS), as well as subnational state institutions, local civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and implementing partners in the country.
Social Impact is seeking a Technical Director who will be responsible for leading and managing the technical work related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning under the USAID/Senegal MELS task order.
The position would be full-time and based in Dakar for the five-year period of performance, contingent upon contract award. The anticipated award date is late September 2021.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.
• Assist the Chief of Party with performance management systems, financial management, and timely completion and submission of all activity deliverables.
• Support recruitment and outreach to identify a wide pool of technically sound Senegalese and international evaluators and MEL specialists.
• Ensure that the short-term technical experts and team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess commensurate technical expertise.
• A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in similar positions is required.
• Master’s degree in relevant field such as international development, project management, statistics, or economics.
• Thorough technical knowledge of monitoring, evaluation methods, and performance management, including, but not limited to, data collection and analysis, evaluation planning, evaluation design and management, dissemination of evaluation results, and learning.
• Managerial and operational experience, and preferably experience in supporting complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills.
• Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries.
• Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team!
We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: ...
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.