Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, USAID/Senegal MELS
• Social Impact
• Dakar, Senegal
• Closing on 15 May 2021
Social Impact is bidding on the USAID/Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning in Senegal (MELS) Activity.
The purpose of this activity will be to create a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) platform to complement and augment USAID/Senegal’s bilateral performance management, and more effectively disseminate learning within the Mission and to a range of local stakeholders.
This Platform will advance USAID/Senegal’s commitment to program effectiveness across all sectors and will support USAID/Senegal to make informed strategic and management decisions.
The Platform will have a distinct focus on strengthening MEL capacity in the Government of Senegal (GoS), as well as subnational state institutions, local civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and implementing partners in the country.
Social Impact is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist who will be responsible for leading all work under the monitoring and evaluation components of the USAID/Senegal MELS task order. The position would be full-time and based in Dakar for the five-year period of performance, contingent upon contract award.
The anticipated award date is late September 2021.
Please note: This is a local position.
Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.
• Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the task order.
• Organize and manage monitoring tasks.
• Serve as evaluation team leader for evaluations conducted under this contract.
• Contribute substantially to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
• Lead the design, quality, development, and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
• Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as international development, project management, statistics, or economics.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively more responsible experience in leading the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of donor development projects.
• Experience in design and implementation of evaluations of development interventions.
• Experience in design and field testing of data collection instruments (e.g., questionnaires and interview guides) and in advanced research methods and sampling.
• Experience in design for M&E systems, data quality control and reporting for projects and programs.
• Previous substantive experience working on evaluation teams. Previous experience serving as evaluation team leader.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication and presentations skills.
• Professional proficiency in spoken and written English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: ...
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.