Regional Head of HR Senegal
12 Dec 2021
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The NRC Central and West Africa region is composed of country offices in Burkina Faso/Niger, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mali, and Nigeria. All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and displacements due to conflict. Aid workers continue to be affected by security incidents across the region. Shrinking humanitarian space also places aid workers at a greater risk. COVID-19 has produced additional challenges in terms of medical evacuations in an already complex context. The expansion of NSAG and challenged application of International Humanitarian Law by state security forces contributes to risks faced by communities as well as NRC’s staff.
The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) oversees the country programmes in the region, and provides strategic guidance and oversight across core programme, advocacy and support functions.
The purpose of the Regional Head of HR position is to assume the overall responsibility of HR management in the region promoting learning and cost conscious culture a high focus on quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
2. Manage performance and staff development of the Regional HR Unit
3. Implement the global HR initiatives/tools/system in the region
4. Develop and implement specific HR procedures, SOPs, guidelines and tools in the region.
5. Ensure HR control mechanisms in NRC operations in the region
6. Ensure guidance, support and capacity building to HR staff and line managers in Country Offices in the region on NRC’s HR policies, strategies and systems
7. Strategic development and planning of NRC CWA HR structure in relation to CO needs and HO requirements.
8. Advise members of the Regional Management Group and Country Management Groups on workforce planning and organisational development, including scaling of the organisational structures at regional and country level.
9. Develop and contribute to the implementation of an action plan with the objective to increase nationalisation and gender balance in the region.
10. Ensure HR synergies across region and country programmes, e.g. recruitments, job rotations, gap fillings, internal secondments as well as procedures in other HR areas
11. Share best practises on operative HR issues with other HR advisers in NRC, through regular fora for cooperation (operative issues)
12. Contribute to global HR development through the strategy process for HR Global and take part reference groups for new HR initiatives or thematic issues established by HR Global
• Minimum 5 years of relevant Manager/Adviser experience within the humanitarian field
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Professional knowledge in HR
• Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of the context the CWA region
• Experience with start-up, exit or similar
• Empowering and building trust
• Managing performance and development
• Handling insecure environments
• Planning and delivering results
• Working with people
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Coping with change
To learn more regarding this role , please click on JD
What we Offer
12 Months of full-time contract
A Competitive salary and benefits according to International staff terms and conditions, including contributions to a pension fund
Grade: 10 in NRC's grade structure
Duty station: Dakar, Senegal with 30% travel to the field
An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start!
To apply as an internal candidate, remember to click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site”!