The International Foundation for Electoral Systems Dakar, Sénégal
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Already have a profile?
Location: Senegal, Dakar
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
Position Number: 21:366
IFES seeks a Project Manager, based in Dakar, to support a USAID-funded program that will support elections in Senegal. The Project Manager will work with the Senior Elections Systems Advisor/Country Director to orchestrate and oversee IFES-supported workshops, trainings , and technical guidance during program implementation as well as supporting the workplan process. The Project Manager will also work closely with local subgrantees and subcontractors to ensure smooth implementation of their scopes of work. The Project Manager will work closely with the M onitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to ensure the quality of programmatic reports and written deliverables.
This position is a full-time local national employment opportunity and is open only to Senegalese nationals. This position is contingent on funding.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE : The Project Manager will provide technical and programmatic input into the design, implementation, and monitoring of project activities for IFES Senegal.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
• Under the supervision of the Country Director/Senior Election Systems Advisor, the Project Manager will:
• Provide guidance on the design, implementation, evaluation and overall management of project, and coordinate project staff and local consultants in the implementation of project activities according to the approved workplan and within allocated budgets.
• In coordination with the Country Director, build relationships and provide technical assistance to election officials and other project partners;
• Draft requests for proposals (RFPs) and scopes of work for consultants, vendors, and subawardees; participate in procurement selection processes; and oversee management of consultants, vendors, and subawardees in country.
• Advise Country Director on country, regional context and general implementation of electoral activities, identifying any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project and working to identify potential solutions.
• Represent IFES at meetings with strategic partners, as requested.
• Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Project Officer to develop, review, refine, and manage program monitoring and evaluation systems. Make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on M&E results. Regularly spot-check program data in compliance with USAID standards for data quality.
• Ensure quality and timeliness of project deliverables, including the timely drafting of all technical and narrative reports, white papers, training plans, manuals, and other materials on election-related topics.
• Support management of financial operations and provide technical input to Finance and Operations personnel in budget preparation, grant/contract and procurement actions when needed.
• Participate in the recruitment and supervision of local office staff and consultants.
• Ensure branding and marking are in accordance with USAID requirements and approvals.
• Travel outside of Dakar for project activities as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in political science, international relations, or related field required; and Master’s Degree preferred;
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working with NGOs; and in the area of democracy and governance with international NGOs preferred;
• Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in managing components of international donor-funded programming; knowledge of and experience with USAID-funded programs preferred;
• Demonstrated knowledge of election systems and processes; experience working as an election observer or election official a plus;
• Professional expertise in one or more of the following technical areas: election administration, voter and civic education, gender and inclusion, training.
• Experience in supervising project staff;
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills;
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
• The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
• Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel, and video conferencing platforms.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
TRAVEL: Travel outside Dakar may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.