Title: Finance Support and Services Officer Location:Senegal Contract:Fixed term contract 2 years (renewable)
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Sightsavers are actively looking to recruit a Finance and Support Services Officer (FSSO) to join their finance team in Senegal. The FSSO will provide finance management support to the Country Office under the leadership of the Finance and Support Services Manager.
In collaboration with colleagues the FSSO will continually ensure quality and consistency of financial management in the country office. They will support the development of solutions to financial or support related problems, support the monitoring of country resource management and identification risks or issues to the Programme Manager.
The post-holder will ensure that financial management and risk mitigation are compliant with local regulations and adhere to the organisational Financial Framework by implementing financial controls, planning and budgeting. The role will lead support services for the country office by managing logistics of procurement supplies, manage payroll and work with programme and finance teams to review programme/project reports, planning and analysis, auditing of funds provided and grant management reporting.
Skills and Experience
• The ideal candidate must have a relevant professional accounting qualification or degree in finance, accounting/related field
• Previous experience working within an INGO environment, with experience of audit and government organisations
• A proven background in financial management, alongside budget and data analysis knowledge and experience
• Excellent communication both written and oral
• Fluent or strong spoken and written English and French
• Current and ongoing right to work in Senegal
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
The Finance Support and Service Officer is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.