Position Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Status: Full time, Regular
- Perform accounting and administration activities to including general ledger entries, processing payment documents, filing and other general accounting functions;
- Assist F&A Manager in implementing and maintaining in-country policies, procedures, forms, and record maintenance systems that adhere to Winrock International, donor, and Government of Senegal standards and requirements;
- Assist the F&A Manager set up strong internal controls and ensure that it is maintained across the project;
- Assist F&A Manager to generate, record, execute and reconcile payments through all stages, including preparation of purchase orders, generation of check and wire requests, data input into financial management software (QuickBooks, Excel, etc.) and bank statement reconciliation
- Assist F&A Manager to develop monthly projections for cash flow needs and prepare request to Winrock, follow through on receipt of funds and bank reconciliations;
- Help review all expense supporting documentation for accuracy, relevance, and legitimacy in line with Winrock policies and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allocable and necessary before processing for payment
- Prepare monthly payroll for staff, including helping review staff timesheets for proper signatures and allocation information; calculating all salaries, income tax obligations; and recording all relevant accruals, including fringe, bonuses, gratuities, etc. in compliance with signed employee agreements.
- Help reconcile all banks accounts and petty cash no less than monthly and report any discrepancies to F&A Manager;
-Reconcile liability and asset accounts monthly and prepare supporting schedules and trackers;
- Organize and maintain all project financial and accounting records and files in accordance with Winrock policies, general audit standards (GAAP) and donor requirements;
- Monthly Financial Report: Assist F&A Manager to prepare soft copy of the monthly Financial Report. Compile and prepare for submission the hard copy of the Financial Report with all necessary documents.
-Other duties as assigned
- Assist with day to day admin tasks and office duties, including coordinating mail/couriers as needed;
- Manage vehicles (maintenance, logs, drivers, etc.);
- Maintain general filing system and file all correspondence for human resources and procurement;
- Assist in booking domestic travel for staff, volunteers, and consultants;
- Maintain staff travel log, generator log book, etc.;
- Support Finance and Administration Manager as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Three years minimum accounting and/or auditing experience preferably in a nonprofit or international development environment
- Knowledge and experience with financial management and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with accounting systems/packages
- Knowledge and understanding of tax laws and compliance
- Ability to use good judgment and professionalism; experience in decision-making
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and experience with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred)
- Experience with US government regulations preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with international employees
- Strong skills in internal controls and accounting standards
- Knowledge of spoken and written English preferred