Field Security Associate - 26783
Nom de l’entreprise : UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
Lieu de l’entreprise : Dakar, Sénégal
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties And Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Field Security Associate provides support to all security related aspects of field operations including Staff, premises and asset security.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer (FSA or Head of Office) who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance.
The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR staff members, UN agencies, NGOs, implementing partners and Host Government Security authorities (HGS) in the area to facilitate the operation.
The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the management of security issues.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description.
They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
• Provide assistance to the supervisor in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the UNHCR staff, operations, premises, partners and persons of concern.
• Conduct regular security assessment missions to the field as required in coordination with UNDSS/other agencies; gather and analyse information about the security situation during field missions.
• Be aware of security protocols and procedures in place in accordance with the UNSMS policies, UNHCR Policies and the, Security Risk Management process for the designated area ;
• Conduct checks for compliance and advise management on any deficiencies.
• Monitor the physical security of UNHCR premises and reports on deficiencies.
• Monitor and supervise the guard force In accordance with relevant UNSMS policies and guidance.
• Assist UNHCR Protection Colleagues in efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern.
• Provide support during implementation of security-related projects.
• Assist in the monitoring, updating and reporting of security-related events.
• Assist in the processing of administrative security issues.
• Maintain relations and cooperation with UN security management system actors, local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities and other relevant agencies.
• Provide security briefings and training to UNHCR staff, and as appropriate partner staff, on relevant security risk management processes and measures for the country concerned to include security situation updates, , the warden system, communication notification and reporting procedures, travel planning procedures road air and fire safety.
• Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
• Provide security-related advice to the manager and other staff.
• Maintain liaison and build relationships with Host Government Security Forces and security counterparts.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
Security and Safety
High level of knowledge in the security field
FS-Security Apparatus Knowledge
FS-Field Security Operations
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Empowering and Building Trust
Judgement and Decision Making
Change Capability and Adaptability
Proficient in French. Good knowledge of English.
The incumbent is supervised by the Representative who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance.
See below for this postion's Operational Context
The Multi Country Office of Senegal (MCO) is located in Dakar and covers eight (8) countries, four (4) of which have a UNHCR presence (Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Togo and Senegal) and four (4) others without a UNHCR presence (Benin, Cape Verde, Gambia, Sierra Leone).
Of the 8 countries covered, 4 are French-speaking, 2 are English-speaking and 2 are Portuguese-speaking.
Duration of Appointment
Initial one year of Fixed-term Appointment.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 18 May 2021.
• Gestion des associations et fondations
• Ressources humaines
• Administration publique
• Secteur industriel