We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account.
That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards.
Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress.
Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere.
In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave.
In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments.
In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire.
Now, we're enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented Content Creator to produce high-quality outputs.
By joining our people training team, you'll be the person responsible for digitizing Wave training, produce digital entertaining and educational material.
In this role you’ll:
- Help us create both digital and offline content of our training that caters to the interests of the target audience.
- Update existing material, generate novel work, and identify new ways to reach our employees.
- You should also contribute to the shaping of our stylistic guidelines.
- Create various content types (videos, articles, infographics) with relevant tone and style, adhering to the respective style guides
- Utilize various digital publishing platforms to create structured drafts
- Design and distribute the eCopy having the information of our company’s products
Must have authorization to work in Senegal
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field
- 3 years of experience working as a Content Creator, Content Writer, Content Strategist or a similar role
- Article and Business Writing
- Content Management, Development, Marketing, and Strategy
- Photo and video editing software
- General skills:
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Creative Thinking
- Decision Making
- Design Thinking
You might be a good fit if you
Have successfully managed social media pages for an FMCG, telco, or financial institution
Have excellent written and oral communication skills, especially for copywriting
Are creative and enjoy creating original content (graphics, photos, videos...)
Are creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
We're a team of 300+ Senegalese, 100+ Ivorian and 60+ remote people who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
We foster autonomy for our employees.
You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.