???? Vacancy Announcement n°: 827367
????Job Title: Budget & Programming Associate G6, RB Dakar
????Type of Contract: Fixed term
? Grade: G6
?Unit / Division: Budget & Programming
?Duty Station: Dakar, Senegal (Regional Bureau for Western Africa)
?Duration: One year
?Closing date: 09 June 2023
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. To learn more about WFP, visit our website and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
To provide a range of specialized support for efficient planning, monitoring, and analysis of project financial performance to enhance the optimal use of financial resources.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Budget & Programming Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
1. Provide support to country offices, review budget plans, monitor and analyze project financial performance, and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimization of resources.
2. Provide comprehensive analysis of fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
3. Support pipeline management to country offices ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximize operational effectiveness.
4. Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems, and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilization.
5. Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems in the absences of country offices, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
6. Review, compile and analyze data, maintain accurate records and files, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
7. Maintain communication with several stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimize use of funds.
8. Provide guidance to other support staff including country offices and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Advanced University degree (Master's degree equivalent, BAC+4/5), in Business Administration, Statistics, Finance, Economics or related fields, or First University degree (Bachelor's degree equivalent, BAC +3) recognized by https://www.whed.net/home.php in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience
Should you not find your university degree in this link kindly note that it will be your responsibility to obtain a formal letter from your Ministry of Education stating their recognition of the university and degree
At least six (6) years of experience in the area of Operations Management, Resource Planning, Utilisation and Management. Experience with budget and resource analysis and programming activities is desirable.
Fluency (level C in reading, writing and speaking) in English and French.
Desired experience, knowledge, and skills
• Experience performing basic analytics and presenting the information to meet various audience needs.
• Some experience in preparing, managing, and reporting on operational budgets and performance.
• Experience working with large datasets, extracting information from them in an easy-to-interpret manner.
• Adequate analytical skills and resourcefulness, initiative, and have learned tact in devising solutions to current and potential operational issues.
• Good understanding of information and financial systems and how those support the implementation of operations.
• Good understanding of operational planning and business processes, rules, and procedures and apply them consistently in the implementation and support of programme interventions
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work patiently and tactfully in a team, with people of different backgrounds and expertise, to deliver as one toward common operational goals.
Deadline for application: 09 June 2023
WFP Value Proposition
• Meaningful and impactful careers - Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
• Continuous learning and training - We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers.
• Multicultural and stimulating working environment - We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger.
Before you apply, please read
• All employment decisions are made based on organisational needs, job requirements, merit and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
• No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Join Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
• Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
• Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
• WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
• WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
• All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment.
Special Notice on WFP RBD office relocation:
WFP and other UN Agencies will be moving to the new United Nations House, presently under construction in Diamniadio, 30 Kilometres from downtown Dakar. The name of the duty station for this position will remain Dakar, Senegal.
Before you apply, please confirm that both (i) your online profile and CV are accurate and up to date, (ii) your CV should include your employment history, academic qualifications, and language skills.