Francophone Consultant, Sub-Saharan Africa
Nom de l’entreprise : Control Risks
Lieu de l’entreprise : Dakar, Sénégal
This role can be based in either London, Lagos or Dakar
The role of Francophone Consultant in the sub-Saharan Africa Business Intelligence team recognises the importance of Francophone Africa to the growth strategy of the BI Africa business.
The diverse markets across the region, home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, continue to attract growing interest across our client base, from corporates and private market investors alike, who seek support in navigating the unique integrity challenges which the region presents.
Leveraging our regional Francophone hub office in Dakar with support from our Paris office, the role’s key objective is to position our intelligence gathering abilities and knowledge of the political and business trends in the region as a core competency and unique selling proposition of our Africa Business Intelligence team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Investigative case management
• Conduct in-depth public record research using best-in-class open source intelligence gathering methodologies.
• Work together with other members of project teams, within the business intelligence practice and other departments, to seamlessly bring together disparate research and analysis streams to produce coherent and actionable deliverables for our clients.
• Liaise with our human source network to extract critical insights to address our clients’ information requirements.
• Expand our source network by cultivating contacts in critical markets and sectors across Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Work closely with the Global Risk Analysis team, our political risk department, to ensure issues relating to country risk are considered and demonstrated in providing context to research and intelligence gathered.
• Liaise with clients to understand their requirements and ensure that our proposals deliver solutions tailored to those needs
Business and practice development
• Take an active role in developing Control Risks' client base, seeking to both maintain existing relationships and bring new ones
• Prepare and deliver focused briefings and case studies for client initiatives
• Seek opportunities to improve our current methodologies, including through the application of new technology and new online sources
Knowledge and Experience
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• Strong grasp of the political and regulatory environment in key markets in Francophone Africa
• Demonstrated understanding of business trends and challenges in sub-Saharan Africa, especially in the Francophone region
• Well-developed research and analysis skills
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
• Native or equivalent fluency in French is essential
• Excellent standard of verbal and written communication in English
• Investigative and analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to summarise large amounts of information in a concise manner and communicate effectively
• Experience operating within a commercial environment, preferably in a client-facing role
• Interest in business trends and political developments in the region
• Sécurité et enquêtes