myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audition Project form TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO?here.
About the Role:
Senegal is one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. As the Program Growth Associate in Thies, you will co-design expansion (new zones) and extension (new villages) strategies and lead execution on the ground - from desk research, over field surveys, data analyses and village selection, to program launch.
You directly contribute to the growth of myAgro's operations to new areas, and reach hundreds of thousands more farmers each year. You will work with a diverse team of office and field staff. You will report to the Program Manager in Senegal.
- Develop and execute expansion and extension strategies that are in line with the country's objectifs to achieve myAgro's goal of reaching 1 million small-scale farmers by 2026
- Work with different teams across myAgro (e.g. Sales, HR, Finance, Product, Leadership) and lead work plan to achieve target number of new village launches
- Play with large datasets to distill insights that help inform short-term tactics and long-term strategies
- Ensure compliance to standard operating procedures and performance indicators
- Manage a diverse team of 20+ field based staff in the country
- Be in the field, rural Senegal, around 50% of the time
- Manage internal communications, sharing information, analyses, status updates, plan progress and synthesized insights across all teams, from senior leadership to field staff
- Minimum 2 years of international experience in project management
- Minimum 1 year of experience using data analytics in strategy design and tactical field execution
- Knowledge of project management techniques and best practices - ability to create work plans, delegate, and meet goals
- Ability to analyze large data sets and develop reports
- Fluency in French and English
- Health insurance
approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year - varies slightly according to local labor laws
Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Closing date 1/07/2022