IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC Dakar, Senegal office is looking to recruit a Driver. This position reports to the Dakar Country Manager. The Driver will provide a reliable and safe driving services to IFC and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, a sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver must also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, she/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the IFC office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drives for IFC’s officials and staff. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by:
• Driving office vehicles for the transport of IFC staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and
• Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
• Carries out any delivery or collection duties as may be necessary (letters cheques, visas, minor procurements, etc).
• The driver should make sure that fulfilment of his tasks is carried out with full care preserving the confidentiality of all matters related to IFC's operations and activities.
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and report
• Ensures that the vehicle allocated are checked daily (Monday to Friday) concerning fuel, water, oil and other fluids, tire pressure and any damage/ repair requirements (which are to be reported to Administration for action).
• Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• The driver must ensure that he is in possession of a driving license when on driving duties.
• Ensures that allocated vehicles are kept clean and the interiors tidy.
• Assists the IFC Office with clerical/administrative duties as required; however, driving duties or tasks take priority.
• Carries mobile phone at all times, switched on and charged.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Completed secondary school Level
• Valid driver’s license
• Five years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions.
• Skills in minor vehicle repairs
• Being accountable
• Having Computer knowledge
• Planning/organizing and multitasking
• Fluency in French, good knowledge of English and Wolof.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.