Country Controller, Senegal
Thies, Senegal | Finance | Full-time
Location: Thies, Senegal
Report to: Country Director
Language Requirement: Fluency in English and French required
Start date: ASAP
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. myAgro’s North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder here.
About the role
The successful candidate will partner with the country leaders and global staff to manage financial reporting for operations and statutory requirements in Senegal. The role will focus on accurate and timely reporting of results, and analyzing financials with the team to drive investment minded decision-making while driving improvements as identified. This role will report to the Country Director but also work closely with other country controllers and the global finance team.
• Lead country-level forecasting and budgeting in conjunction with the Country Directors and CFO.
• Oversee Accounting in Senegal, ensuring timely, accurate financial reporting for management, Board, and donors.
• Manage in-country bank accounts and petty cash both in the head office and field offices.
• Select, implement and manage scalable systems for all financial-related operations, including working with Program and Technology staff to streamline and improve tracking of farmer layaways from field to headquarters.
• Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
• Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, grants payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience with at least 2 years in a finance and operations leadership role
• French and English proficiency
• At least 2 years of living and/or working in the developing world
• Significant experience in financial management and accounting
• Experience managing a team, as well as strong facilitation and training skills
• Passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
Preferred Skills and Qualities
• Creative problem solving skills
• Experience creating and managing budgets
• Experience with cloud-based accounting systems
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment in a developing country
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.