Consultant – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning / Migration
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Management - Gestion de Projet
Altai Consulting recrute un Consultant – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning / Migration.
• Type of Contract: Fixed
• Location: Based in Dakar – Covering West Africa and Sahel region
• Duration of Contract: Indefinite; no less than 12 months
Altai Consulting is a strategy, research and monitoring & evaluation firm focusing on the developing world. Altai began operating in 2003 and has since successfully completed over 350 consulting and research assignments in Africa, the Middle East and in Central Asia. Our clients include major international private sector actors as well as donors and their implementing partners, international organizations (the European Union, United Nations, World Bank, etc.), and INGOs looking for both technical expertise and high-level strategy advice.
For more information, please visit our website: www.altaiconsulting.com
As part of its Public Policy Practice, Altai Consulting seeks skilled candidates for a Consultant, West Africa.
Job description/ Requirements
As part of its Public Policy Practice, Altai Consulting seeks experienced and knowledgeable consultants for several projects involving a strong experience in in the areas of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research on issues mainly related to Migration. Based in Dakar, the position requires a good knowledge of the West African region, preferably acquired through field experience.
The Consultant will work within a team under the supervision of a Project Director and liaise with relevant partners (mainly aid actors implementing projects funded by the client), assist in the development of logical frameworks and indicators, collect and clean data obtained from partners, analyze the obtained data, assist in preparing reports for the client, conduct case studies on specific aspects, conduct specific research assignments, etc.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Participate in the development of methodologies for the Monitoring and Evaluation of projects in West Africa;
• Liaise regularly with and provide support to implementing partners;
• Conduct field research (qualitative and quantitative);
• Conduct interviews and secondary data research for qualitative studies; Design and maintain project databases;
• Analyze large quantities of data from varied sources;
• Report writing in English and French;
• Prepare presentations;
• Prepare documentation when required by clients or the management of the company; Build capacity of team members, client, and/or beneficiaries;
• Others as required.
• Masters’ degree or higher in Economics, International Relations and/or Development, Public Policy, Migration, Evaluation, Engineering, Statistics or Data analytics.
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience in international development organizations, consulting, think tanks,
• INGOs, on monitoring, evaluation and research (required); Experience in migration-related topics is a plus;
o Experience in employment and/or reintegration related topic is a plus; Field experience in West Africa is a plus;
o Specific knowledge of a West African country in particular is a plus.
Analytical skills requirements:
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with particular attention to detail and accuracy (required);
• Knowledge of Excel (required).
• Excellent written and spoken English and French (required);
• Experience writing policy papers, assessments, and/or strategic recommendations that require deep analytical capacity.
• Understanding of current development and humanitarian trends and issues; Flexible, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently;
• Client oriented &Team player;
• Eagerness to travel and discover new cultures & environments.
To apply, send an email by end December 2021 with the following attachments:
• Writing samples (if the piece is confidential, please mention so and it will be deleted after reading)
Closing date: 17 December 2021.