PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Lead the MFI, building an organization that honors Christian values positively impacting the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a focus on the rural areas of Mali.
- Create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks.
- Manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets.
- Work closely with WV to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and obtain funding from the partnership and donors.
- Deal with regulatory issues and reinforce RMCR positioning as a top regulated deposit-taking MFI in Mali.
Mission & Purpose & Business Acumen:
Delivery on child impact targets.
- Develops, monitors and implements short and long term business plan.
- Reports to the board using standard reporting templates on a regular basis.
- Develops and deliver on key performance indicators for RMCR.
- Ensures the culture of the whole organization reflects its mission and vision.
- Develops key performance indicators as per VFI and Board guidelines.
- Ensure that the plans are cascaded to implementation groups and staff.
Financial Management & Fundraising:
- Ensures that annual financial projections, reports and budget are prepared for the board on time.
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages RMCR’s resources within those budget guidelines.
- Ensures that effective and efficient financial management system is installed and maintained.
RMCR is stably profitable.
- Develop proposals to acquire and maintain funding, credit lines, and others financial & non-financial resources required to attain VF objectives.
Risk Management & Compliance:
Ensures that all loans are prudently disbursed.
- Ensures savings products are effectively priced and delivered (subject to MFI board approval).
- Ensures that effective internal control and risk management system is established and maintained.
- Formulates and implements guidelines, procedures, internal regulations that are consistent with the policies set forth by the Board, VFI and the industry regulators.
- Ensures that the institution complies with the Central Bank requirements.
People, Leadership & Culture:
Provide effective Christ centered leadership & Culture.
- Ensure recruitment of competent senior and middle management.
- Ensures effective staff development, succession planning and performance management systems are in place at all levels & Compensation & benefits.
- Approves and confirms staff appointment, promotion, demotion, termination and transfer.
- Embodying of People & Culture policies & procedures.
- Create a culture of performance where talent thrive, staff are engaged & motivated.
Integration & Partnership:
- Ensure at national office and branch level integration strategies are fully understood, communicated and practiced.
- Actively promote joint livelihoods projects with World Vision.
- Ensures that both VFI and RMCR and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image.
- Develops networks and strategic alliances to positively influence the economic policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum a Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field.
- Must have at least ten years of working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institution.
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance industry and technology.
- Must have worked experience in regulatory environment and better with institution that intermediate savings.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Capability and willingness to lead the organization forward.
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values.
Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach.
- Fluent in French and working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge in microfinance and banking
- Office environment: typical office based and frequent travel to fields (40% traveling and 60% office based).
Travel: 90% Domestic 10%